Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NEWS FLASH!


EXTRA EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! (Okay, just kidding. But it is just as exciting!)

I'd like to introduce the newest member of our opera staff: Mike Mahaffey!

Mike is a highly creative and qualified fight director, actor and teacher of stage combat who works in all avenues of the entertainment on film, stage and television.

And he's got a stellar resume, too!

"Chronicles of Narnia", "Resident Evil: Degeneration", "The Gold Retrievers", "The Last Stand of the 300" and "The Three Musketeers".

And, to boot, he is recognized as a certified teacher and fight director by The Society of American Fight Directors, and is also a member of the British Academy of Stage & Screen Combat, Revenge Arts and the Los Angeles Fight Academy.

We're very honoured and privileged to have such an accomplished professional like Mr. Mahaffey help us bring Rossini's La Cambiale di Matrimonio alive on stage through stage combat workshops and choreography!

As for me, I can't wait until I get to hold a rapier again. I took fencing lessons when I was younger for about a year. I've been dying to pick it up again! I wonder if I'll need all that gear for his workshops... because I don't think I fit into them anymore. Uh-oh. Haha!

Anyways, thanks for reading, everyone! Click that 'follow' button up there to stay updated on all the awesome things happening behind-the-scenes at APU Opera.

--R


No comments:

Post a Comment