Saturday, August 7, 2010

Who said opera was boring??

And people say opera's boring-- pfft! I don't think so!




This is a video titled "All the Great Operas in Ten Minutes." It's fun and easy way to be acquainted with most the popular operas! The way she rattled off these synopses left me in stitches the first time I watched it. But I disagree with her on one thing: you've gotta see it in real life to realize it's greatness. And plus, the singing is the most amazing part!

Don Giovanni, one of the operas that will be features in our Fall opera presentation Mostly Mozart is actually mentioned in the video! And yes, the Don is quite the ladies man... To say the least... O_o

Anyways! I hope you enjoyed that video and learned a little while you were at it! :D

Oh--aaand, I have a confession to make: I'm a self-professed opera geek who has watched this video at least half a dozen times and I STILL don't understand what happens in The Ring of the Nibelung.

@_@

No comments:

Post a Comment